Interested in volunteering at a local Free or Charitable Clinic?
You can search for a clinic near you at our FIND A CLINIC page to contact a local clinic directly about volunteer opportunities in your area. You can also contact the NAFC for more information by either visiting the CONTACT US page or by emailing email@example.com.
Volunteer at NAFC C.A.R.E. Clinic Events
The NAFC holds one day events called C.A.R.E. (Communities Are Responding Everyday) Clinics, where over 1,000 uninsured patients will receive free medical care and connection to local clinics and additional resources, all of which is able to happen with the help of approximately 1,000 volunteers. For more information on C.A.R.E. Clinics and the next scheduled clinic, please visit: http://www.nafcclinics.org/content/care-clinics-0
Non-medical volunteers help with a variety of tasks including patient check-in and check-out, patient escorting throughout the clinic, entrance monitoring, volunteer registration and translation.
Medical volunteers that are needed to volunteer at C.A.R.E. Clinic events include (but not limited to):
- Doctors (M.D. and D.O.) - The CARE Clinic has a specific need for primary, internal, general and emergency medicine providers.
- Family Nurse Practitioners (FNP), Advance Practice Registered Nurses (APRN) and Physician's Assistant (PA)
- Psychiatrists and Psychologists
- Registered Nurses (RN), LPN and LVN
- Medical Assistants (MA)
- Medical, Nursing and Pharmacy Students
- Lab Techs and EMTs
- Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants (at select events, dental is not always available)