The Metrowest Free Medical Program (MWFMP) is looking for a dynamic administrative leader who feels a social commitment to others. The MWFMP is a critical part of the patient safety net in the area West of Boston. The majority of our patients are non-English speaking and have difficulty accessing care. We provide a warm, accessible entry point to the health care system as well as meeting our patients’ immediate medical needs. The MWFMP’s annual budget is approximately $250,000 and we have many volunteers and a small number of paid staff. More about the MWFMP may be learned at www.metrowestfreemedicalprogram.org .
The Executive Director is a part-time position reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors and requires approximately 25-30 hours per week managing all non-clinical activities of the Program. The Executive Director will also work in partnership with the Medical Director to support the clinical program.
Fundraising and Development are key responsibilities including
- Carry out grant prospecting, proposal writing, management, and reporting
- Manage an annual appeal for individual donations and do donor tracking
- Conceive of and oversee fundraising events
Planning and Reporting
- Collaborate with the Treasurer and Board Chair on the development of an annual plan and budget and updating of the Strategic Plan.
- Support the Treasurer in budget tracking and various annual reporting processes
- Submit monthly staff compensation requests to the Treasurer for payment.
- Working with staff and volunteers, manage supply and equipment purchases
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage non-clinical staff, possibly including:
- a volunteer coordinator to oversee the recruitment, training, and supervision of non-clinical volunteers
- a communications staff person, oversee web site development and maintenance, newsletter publication, mailings, and similar activities
- an interpreter coordinator to oversee hiring and supervision of interpreters
Community Outreach and Partnerships
- Represent MWFMP in the community through active participation in regional health care, civic and social service groups to increase MWFMP’s visibility
- Create and maintain partnerships and linkages with other organizations and health care providers that facilitate patient care including the local hospital and community health center and state medical society.
Supporting Board of Directors
- Attend all meetings and prepare and share a Director’s Report with financial and operational updates for Board of Directors
- Assist the Chair of the Board of Directors with planning Board meetings, to highlight issues requiring Board discussion.
- Dynamic, able to provide leadership
- Experience with grant writing and fundraising
- Proficient with relevant computer applications and systems
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred
Desirable, but not essential:
- Health care administrative experience
- Experience working with non-English speaking population
- Experience working with lower income populations in safety net programs
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- 25-30 hours week.
- Generally working from home office, communicating by telephone and emails
- Attending meetings with colleagues, donors, and other organizations
- Attending clinical sessions periodically to remain current on clinical issues
- No benefits are provided.
Compensation: $50,000 per year, paid monthly
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Framingham, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have Health Care administrative experience?
- Do you have experience working with non-English speaking population?
- Do you have experience working with lower income populations in safety net programs?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Grant writing: 1 year (Required)
- Multiple locations
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position to Meredith Robitaille at email@example.com