We have two days for getting deals – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. On #GivingTuesday, we have a day for giving back. #GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in countries around the world. Millions of people have come together to support and champion the causes they believe in.
Across the country, over 200,000 volunteers give their time and talent to make sure their neighbors get the care they so desperately need. Millions of people worry every day about how they are going to afford insurance, visits to the doctor or dentist, or the costly medications they need to stay healthy. Our 1400 Free and Charitable Clinics and Charitable Pharmacies give peace of mind to over 2 million people each year by providing accessible, affordable and often life-saving health care. We ask that this giving season – and particularly this #GivingTuesday – you join our selfless volunteers to help give others peace of mind, give back to those in need and give the gift of health!
This year, there are several ways that you can take part in #GivingTuesday and give back to the NAFC, our members and our patients.
Donate to the NAFC and Your Gift will Multiply!
Help the NAFC battle one of the top diseases our patients struggle with – Diabetes. Our generous partners have joined with us this #GivingTuesday and have committed to match donations; Henry Schein Cares will match up to $3,500 in donations and Trividia Health will match $2,000 worth of diabetic supplies for our patients.
Facebook Fundraising Match!
Another way your gift can multiply is by donating to a fundraiser for the NAFC on Facebook! This year, Facebook and Paypal will match donations up to a total of $7 million that are made to nonprofits through Facebook. The match will start at 8am ET (5am PT) on Tuesday, November 27th and will go until the $7 million total runs out, so be sure to make your donation early so it can go even farther!!
Starting your own fundraiser for the NAFC on Facebook is easy, simply visit https://fb.com/fund/NAFCClinics/.
#BeTheGood Twitter Donations Through Benevity
On #GivingTuesday, between 9am EST and 9pm EST, Benevity will donate $10 to the charity of your choosing by following these steps:
- Visit @benevity on Twitter
- Look for their #GivingTuesday video tweet (hint, it will be pinned to their twitter page)
- Click the “retweet” icon
- In the comment section, mention the charity - @NAFClinics - you’d like the $10 to be sent to, the hashtag #BeTheGood, plus any note you’d like to include.
- Hit the "Tweet" button and you are done!
Learn more at https://www.benevity.com/bethegood.
Additional Ways That You Can Help This #GivingTuesday:
- Follow the NAFC on social media! Then share our posts and encourage your friends and family to donate:
- Use the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #Give4Health to share why you support the NAFC, our clinics and our patients!
- Volunteer at or donate to your local Free or Charitable Clinic! You can find a clinic near you by visiting www.nafcclinics.org and entering your zip code in the “Find a Clinic” feature on the homepage.
Thank you for your support of the NAFC's work, the work of our members and of people in need throughout our country!
Together we will continue building a healthy America, one person at a time!